Who We Are
About GlobalMPA Web Portal
The GlobalMPA web portal is created and maintained by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), a non-profit organization that represents 253 U.S. university programs in public affairs, public policy, public administration, and public management (For more information about NASPAA, see below). The web portal is designed to provide objective and comprehensive information and resources for potential international students seeking to pursue an MPA/MPP degree. The web portal aims to facilitate application of international students to an MPA/MPP program of their choice, to help them to address issues they might encounter in the course of application to MPA/MPP schools and contribute to the excellence in public service education at the global level. The GlobalMPA web portal provides following resources and services for international students:
- Searchable database of 77 (seventy seven) MPA/MPP schools in US
- Academic degrees and fields of specializations available in these schools
- Admission criteria for MPA/MPP programs
- Potential career opportunities for MPA/MPP graduates
- Career profiles of MPA/MPP graduates
- Financing MPA/MPP education
- Helpful tips for getting US visa
- Electronic newsletter on MPA/MPP education
- Student journals/diaries about academic and campus life in MPA/MPP schools
- Listserv and blogs related to MPA/MPP education
- MPA/MPP Ambassadors(Alumnus) who can serve as resource to potential students from their regions
The web portal does not seek to push students in any particular direction or to any university, degree or specialization area, but rather aims to provide wide-ranging information about degree programs in public administration and public policy to enable students to make fully informed and effective choice about a program/degree that meets their interests, expectations and needs. NASPAA, the owner of GlobalMPA portal, serves as the national and international resource for the promotion of excellence in public service education and training, and equally represents all its members without favoring any of them over others. NASPAA does not have any business or profit interests neither in the content, nor in the operation of the GlobalMPA web portal.
In future NASPAA plans to expand the the GlobalMPA web portal by adding new resources for international and U.S. academic programs and faculty. The new resources and information will be added regularly to make sure that the web portal remains helpful, up-to-date and resourceful.
About NASPAA (www.naspaa.org)
The National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), founded in 1970 and incorporated in 1977, serves as a national and international resource for the promotion of excellence in education and training for public service. Its institutional membership includes 253 U.S. university programs in public affairs, public policy, public administration, and public management.
NASPAA accomplishes its purposes through direct services to its member institutions and by:
- Developing appropriate standards for educational programs through its Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation
- Representing to governments and other institutions the objectives and needs of education for public affairs and administration
- Encouraging curriculum development and innovation and providing a forum for publication and discussion of education scholarship, practices, and issues
- Undertaking surveys that provide members and the public with information on key educational issues
- Meeting with employers to promote internship opportunities for students and employment for graduates
- Undertaking joint educational projects with practitioner professional organizations &
- Collaborating with institutes and schools of public administration in other countries through conferences, consortia, and joint projects.
For more information about NASPAA and its activities, please visit the NASPAA web site.